Hello and thanks for stopping by to check out today’s new papercraft project. I often design with and have fun with die cuts when working on a project to share with you here at my blog. Having a few pieces to work around into a cluster can give some really unique results. Since this week at the SUO Challenges, we are sharing projects with die cuts, this is a great time to share a really unique card that will appeal to the guys.
Fun with Die Cuts
SUO Challenges has a fun theme this week. CLICK HERE to visit now.
measurements for this project
Whisper White cardstock card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″, fold in half
Whisper White cardstock layer: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Tranquil Textures DSP panel: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (Soft Sea Foam pattern)
Scraps of Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide & Tranquil Textures DSP for die cuts
Fun with Die Cuts
Sea of Textures is an intriguing stamp set with nautical images, including an octopus. Cool, huh? Today’s project is a bit more than just stamp and die cut images, I’ve added lots of added color and textures. Here are step by step instructions…
Step by Step Instructions
- Start by creating the card base, scoring at 5 1/2″ and crease the fold with a bone folder.
- Adhere Tranquil Textures DSP panel (cut from the Soft Sea Foam piece) to the Whisper White panel with SNAIL adhesive, then adhere the unit to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the octopus image with Balmy Blue ink onto the Tranquil Textures DSP (Balmy Blue piece) scrap. Die cut this image and then add sponging to the tentacles with both Soft Sea Foam and Balmy Blue ink. Adhere to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Die cut 1 large and 3 small sand dollars from Crumb Cake scrap, then sponge the pieces with Crumb Cake ink. (Be sure to keep the star portion together with the circle portion)
- Die cut 1 large and 2 small sand dollars from Whisper White scrap. (do not sponge). Run them through the Big Shot in the Subtle Embossing Folder to give them texture. (remember to keep those little stars)
- Die cut the net image from Tranquil Textures DSP (Crumb Cake piece) scrap, then sponge with Soft Sea Foam and Crumb Cake.
- Layer the die cuts as shown in the photo, adding a Stampin’ Dimensional only on the top layer.
- Stamp sentiment with VersaMark and heat emboss onto Tranquil Tide cardstock. Adhere with Liquid Glue, then glue the Sprinkles.
Here is a list of supplies I used to make this card project. Links are here that you can click to get product info and purchase items, at no additional cost to you, as well. Thank you for your support with your purchase.
Having more ways to create a focal point on your project can make a project work for you. I hope you like this project and will come back to visit often! Thanks for stopping by today.
YOUR Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
Tutorials Available Now
Using the current HOST CODE will add to your points toward a free stamp set!
In answer to many questions, yes I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and YES you can join my team. I have a non-geographical team, which means you can live anywhere in the US and participate on my team. I hold monthly meetings via FaceBook LIVE in which you assemble a prepared project. Now is also the best time to join as a hobby demo. It’s a win=win for you !