My friends at Arteza have sent me some more products to review and I’m happy to share them with you today. My project share today features the tubes of Arteza watercolors and their miniature brushes along with a stamp set from Ida Rose Stamps. If you are reading me from your email and want to download the pdf tutorial, just click here to come over to the post on my blog and download it from here.
Arteza Watercolors & Brushes
Measurements for this Project
We will have a play with panned and tube Arteza watercolors
Once opening this set of 24 Arteza Watercolors, I noticed at once the vibrant colors. That’s one thing I have almost come to expect from Arteza products, the amazing colors that translate so well onto paper for me. I swatched the paints, directly from the tube and had a fun and relaxing half hour of just playing with how the colors dilute and paint to paper. The colors do stay very deep but also dilute and fade out with a wash in a beautiful transition. After swatching, I grabbed an empty paint palette and added all of the colors into the half pans in the case. I set this aside for a few days to completely dry, in order to see how they work once dried. Using the paints in both the wet and dry form worked out well, the colors blended well and were not grainy.
With my paints swatched and ready to work, I stamped an image from the Pug Christmas stamp from Ida Rose Stamps. This little puppers is so cute! Stamped onto watercolor paper, I used the Arteza Miniature Brushes to add colors from the Arteza Watercolor dried paints in my palette. The colors blended perfectly on the paper and were such fun to create the look of a rainbow colored pug. Trying out the wet form of paint direct from the tube, I created a watercolor wash for the background. The two blues I used were PERFECT! I can not say enough good things about these paint! I even used some of the tube of white paint to create splatters and get the look of snow for the background. Our pug looks like he is licking falling snow… adorable! If you are new to cardmaking, this project will help you learn a very easy background technique with watercoloring and a new pigment ink. Use this method to carry over into many more crafting projects and it will be a new go-to easy design.
Watch a video demonstration of this project here or CLICK HERE to watch on YouTube.
Step by Step Instructions
- Start by creating the card base and burnish (press the fold). Cut paper to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at the 5 1/2″ mark.
- Stamp the dog image from Pug Christmas using the MISTI onto watercolor paper with Hero Arts Intense Black ink.
- If using the Arteza Watercolors in a dried palette, use a water mister to spray each half pan to get the colors ready to apply.
- Using the Arteza Miniature #1 round brush, pick up various colors from your palette and apply them to the image. I used a rainbow of colors on my image, making sure to place the darker colors around the edge of the image. Switch to any of the other Arteza Miniature brushes needed until you are comfortable with the brush’s performance.
- Once dry, fussy cut the image. Run a black felt tipped marker along the cut edge of the paper to cover the cut lines.
- Working on the background, I used the paint direct from the tubes (wet form) and mixed the colors on my Waffle Flower Water Media Mat. Just a little paint is used, add water next to the paint to mix these into a diluted form. Refer to the video to see the placement of paints versus water on my work surface.
- Use a larger brush or a water brush to first wet the watercolor paper panel. Then add color with the water brush from the top and watch it spread on the wet surface. I left some of the area at the bottom of the panel much lighter, to give a grounded look for the dog. Darker color at the top of the panel.
- Once dry, add splatters of diluted white paint to give the look of snow. Mix the white paint on a clear block and use a paint brush to “flick” the paint off the edge of the block to land on the panel. Allow to dry completely before trimming the paper.
- Adhere the panel to the card base and the pug to the panel with double sided foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment on the card front with gray ink.
- If desired, add a few pieces of Arteza Holographic Chunky Glitter in Moonstone color, to look like shiny snow.
Links are provided below for your information and for purchase. You may purchase products, via a link or in my store, that allow me a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
——— S U P P L I E S ———
• Watercolor Premium Artist Paints Set – 24 Colors (24 x 12 ml / 0.74 US –…
——— https://ldli.co/e/o62exj [ arteza.com ]
• Detail Paint Brush – Set of 15 – Arteza.com
——— https://ldli.co/e/lkg072 [ arteza.com ]
• Pug Christmas
——— https://ldli.co/e/x51e6z [ idarosestamps.com ]
• American Crafts – Mixed Media – Butterfly Effect System – Palette Stencil and Washi Holder
——— https://ldli.co/e/150n6q [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Sprayer – 2 Ounces
——— https://ldli.co/e/do10pk [ Scrapbook.com ]
• AF345 Intense Black – Hero Arts
——— https://ldli.co/e/lkg07p [ HeroArts ]
• Waffle Flower Crafts – Water Media Mat
——— https://ldli.co/e/x51e6d [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Hero Arts – Water Flow Brush
——— https://ldli.co/e/150n67 [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Strathmore – 9 x 12 Watercolor Paper Pad – 12 Sheets
——— https://ldli.co/e/do10p5 [ Scrapbook.com ]
• PS325 Hero Hues Dove white – Hero Arts
——— https://ldli.co/e/zlz1qz [ HeroArts ]
• Gentleman’s Gray Mini Cube Set — Altenew
——— https://ldli.co/e/99jo54 [ Altenew ]
• Mini MISTI – Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented
——— https://ldli.co/e/k96kem [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Cutter Bee – Scissors
——— https://ldli.co/e/7dexrq [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Marker – Black Soot
——— https://ldli.co/e/nn4mkm [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz – 8.5 Inch Comfort Trimmer
——— https://ldli.co/e/61orjl [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Elmer’s – Craft Bond – Foam Mounting Tape – Permanent
——— https://ldli.co/e/gx9gkj [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Holographic Glitter Shakers (2 Colors Fairy Dust & Moonstone, 5g Each) –…
——— https://ldli.co/e/03gpj4 [ arteza.com ]
• Nuvo – Glue Pen – Smooth Precision
——— https://ldli.co/e/4l5kjr [ Scrapbook.com ]
• EK Success – EK Tools – Craft Tweezers
——— https://ldli.co/e/2542jz [ Scrapbook.com ]
Product list made with LinkDeli – https://linkdeli.com/e/m9ey7d
Having more ways to create a focal point on your project can make a project work for you. I hope you like this project and will come back to visit often! Thanks for stopping by today.
Tutorials Available Now