A fun color combination makes a quick job of a project for me. I’ve been working on this set of Suzy’s Christmas Critters watercolor prints for the Daily Marker 30 Day challenge during the month of Noveber and taking a few minutes every day to work out my stresses with some nice watercoloring. Check out the panels here at Simon Says Stamp’s website. The cute prints are made on Tim Holtz watercolor paper and are perfectly fit for a card front!
Watercolored panels for Christmas cards
This week the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge has a great challenge. CLICK HERE to visit now.
Coloring these prints are really relaxing for me. Just before moving from New Jersey to Missouri, I got a set of Mijello Mission Gold watercolors and let me tell you, friends…. they are amazing! The color comes in a tube with a watercolor palette that holds a well for each color. After placing a small amount of color in the wells, I can use a wet paintbrush to pick up or mix colors and add to my current project. These are the BEST watercolors I have used, ever! Not grainy, just smooth.
Once colored and dry, I used a few metallic and glitter gel pans I had on hand to add some accents to the details of the images. Check out the open letters with the sparkle, the shiny snowballs and the glittery stripes on the scarves.
Not every panel is entirely watercolored, like the one that is today’s focus. I first used Copic markers on the images and then added the watercolored background. And although it doesn’t show in the photos, there is a TON of sparkle and shine on each card. I used a Gelly Roll Sparkly pen for lots of shimmer and also a Gelly Roll clear Glaze pen which adds clear shine. There are little elements really bump up the wow factor.
For metallic accents, I grabbed a small set of gel pens that my kids and I doodle with. Perfect!
——— S U P P L I E S ———• Simon Says Stamp Suzy’s CHRISTMAS CRITTERS Watercolor Prints szwc19cc Cheer…
——— https://ldli.co/e/p6x520 [ SimonSaysStamp ]
• Mijello Mission Gold Watercolors
——— https://ldli.co/e/r0dm2z [ Blick Art Materials ]
• Copic Sketch Marker Sets | BLICK Art Materials
——— https://ldli.co/e/onl25l [ Blick Art Materials ]
• Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen
——— https://ldli.co/e/l9zg21 [ Blick Art Materials ]
• Uni-ball Signo UM-153 White Gel Pen
——— https://ldli.co/e/xzy19j [ Blick Art Materials ]
• Kuretake – ZIG – Watercolor System – BrusH2O – Medium Tip Watercolor Brush
——— https://ldli.co/e/1yj0o5 [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Water Media Mat – WaffleFlower.com
——— https://ldli.co/e/dgd1r3 [ waffleflower.com ]
• Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz – 8.5 Inch Comfort Trimmer
——— https://ldli.co/e/zkyz77 [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Connect Glue – Gina K Designs
——— https://ldli.co/e/9kpj1k [ ginakdesigns.com ]
• PS320 Hero Hues Premium Cardstock Sand – Hero Arts
——— https://ldli.co/e/kzd6rp [ HeroArts ]
• Elmer’s – Craft Bond – Foam Mounting Tape – Permanent
——— https://ldli.co/e/7z4ely [ Scrapbook.com ]
• 28 Lilac Lane – Premium Sequins – Marshmallow
——— https://ldli.co/e/n7k4op [ Scrapbook.com ]
• EK Success – EK Tools – Craft Tweezers
——— https://ldli.co/e/6djo09 [ Scrapbook.com ]
• PW200 Embossing Tool – Hero Arts
——— https://ldli.co/e/glk927 [ HeroArts ]
• Therm O Web – iCraft – Adhesive Bundle – Purple Tape 1.5 Inches x 15 Yard Roll and Repositionable Pixie Spray for Stencils
——— https://ldli.co/e/0yjg9l [ Scrapbook.com ]
• Ranger Ink – Tim Holtz – Distress Sprayer – 2 Ounces
——— https://ldli.co/e/4xj565 [ Scrapbook.com ]
Product list made with LinkDeli – https://linkdeli.com/e/m9ey7d
Having more ways to create a focal point on your project can make a project work for you. I hope you like this project and will come back to visit often! Thanks for stopping by today.
Tutorials Available Now